Ok, I think it’s quickly becoming apparent that even after 6 months, I still have almost no idea what I’m doing here, and putting me in charge of the place for any more than a few days at a time would likely put USG out of business.
So here’s the new plan:
- Keep current job for as long as possible, then get a new job when I am inevitably fired for incompetence.
- Meanwhile, work on writing my novel. So far, my literary work is my only work that both myself and others can agree has any merit.
- Finish my novel.
- Sell my novel.
- Become the next J.K. Rowling or Stephenie Meyer (sans vagina), and make a shit-ton of cash.
- Quit current job, work full time as author, write some more books, sign books, do TV appearances etc…
- Sell rights to books for movies, make even more cash.
- Open comic/gaming shop, hire manager to do the business stuff, and spend all my free time hanging out there.
So far the novel is at about 10-20% complete. Better get on that…